Driven to deliver value
through measurable results.
NOW & NEXT
Meers Wins Gold at AAF-KC ADDY Awards
Posted by Meers on Sunday | February 17th, 2013
Meers was recognized at the 2013 AAF-KC ADDY® Awards with one Gold, two Silver and ten Bronze ADDY awards. The awards show was held Saturday, February 16, and is one of the biggest AAF local awards competition in the country. The ADDY Awards program recognizes creative excellence in all forms of advertising, from media of all types, creative by all sizes and entrants of all levels.
The Gold ADDY Award was for the :30-Second TV Commercial “Humping,” created for Great Plains SPCA. The humorous spot takes a fairly common occurrence for pet owners, humping, and creates an educational opportunity about spay/neuter services and Great Plains SPCA. The commercial was part of the integrated campaign which also included print advertisements, online and guerilla marketing. Numerous other entries for the Great Plains SPCA campaign were also rewarded with Silver and/or Bronze ADDYs.
“We were thrilled our creative work did so well in this year’s ADDY Awards,” said David Thornhill, Meers’ Creative Director. “It is especially rewarding to have our work build awareness of Great Plains SPCA’s services that help save animals’ lives.”
The complete list of Meers’ winners include:
- Great Plains SPCA – “Dirty Laundry” TV (Broadcast/Electronic/Digital)
- Great Plains SPCA – Spay/Neuter Campaign (Campaign)
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield – “Your Conscience” Campaign (Campaign)
- Great Plains SPCA – Adopt-a-Dog (Print)
- Great Plains SPCA – Adopt-An-Animal (Print Campaign)
- Great Plains SPCA – Adoption Campaign (Campaign)
- Great Plains SPCA – “Floozy” (Print)
- Great Plains SPCA – “Player” (Print)
- Great Plains SPCA – “Skank” (Print)
- Great Plains SPCA – “Sleeze” (Print)
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield – “Conscience Mirror” (Mass Transit/Public/Airline)
- Johnson County, KS HED – “Father Nature” TV (Local/One DMA)
- Meers Advertising – “Christmas at the Casino” Poster (Creative Services & Industry Suppliers)
“We couldn’t be more pleased with the recognition our work received,” said Sam Meers, President/CEO. “The work not only is award-winning, but it’s been successful in terms of building awareness, creating interest and driving engagement for our clients.”