Driven to deliver value
through measurable results.
Come grow with us! As Meers continues to grow we are looking for talented professionals to be a part of our team. Our office is an atmosphere of energy and enthusiasm, because we love what we do and it shows. We never take anything, particularly ourselves, too seriously. We enjoy an exciting marketing life without sacrificing our lives. Sound good? Check out the opportunities below.
Or do you know a friend that’s Meers material? Then drop us a line and make a recommendation. If we hire them and they stay for six months, we’ll reward you with a referral bonus: two roundtrip tickets on Southwest.
Manager, Media Relations
Posted on Monday | January 28th, 2013
Put your media relations and communications skills to work in a creative, dynamic agency and help Meers continue to grow! You may recognize us as one of the ‘Top Small Businesses in Kansas City” this year. We need a great Manager of Agency Publicity to tell our story nationally and help attract new clients.
Please send us your resume and any additional information that would attest to your creativity and spark. EOE
If this sounds exciting so far, read on…
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Direct content management for all agency digital properties
- Create and manage national, regional and local media relations initiatives
- Manage and nurture industry relations
- Generate thought leadership that will establish us as an authority and presence
- Assist in developing new business opportunities
- Plan and execute promotion of Client work as needed
- Reinforce our agency culture
- Produce Meers events
- Manage sponsorships and subsequent publicity
- Promote new business wins through regional and national publicity
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 10 to 12 years experience in an Public Relations environment that required regional and national initiatives
- Able to create media relations plans and campaigns in a variety of venues
- Adept at social media initiatives, print and other venues
- Has built a professional network within the media environment
- Must be clever and innovative enough to find resources – it doesn’t always need to be “built”
- An experienced facilitator of brainstorming and planning sessions
- Must be a natural networker, reader, explorer
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Flexibility to travel
Posted on Sunday | November 11th, 2012
Meers is currently taking applications for paid internships in areas of Account Service, Creative, Channel Marketing (Media Planning/Buying), Business Intelligence and Digital Strategy. This career catapulting experience will give you the opportunity to work on client-related projects, special assignments and agency related endeavors. And of course, the occasional car wash for the creative director.
We’re looking for self-starters with a strong work ethic and interpersonal skills. We enjoy working with people who have ideas and want to share them all while not taking themselves too seriously. We’re proud of our culture and encourage people to be themselves and enjoy the ride. It’ll be hard work but you’ll have a hell of a lot of fun doing it.
If you feel you have the chops, submit your resume and cover letter using the contact form below. You must be at least a Junior in college to apply, and we’ll also give consideration to recent graduates as a way to get started. If you’re a ringer and you’re feeling the love as much as we are, we may extend your internship beyond the timeframe(s) listed below, and/or it may just turn into a permanent position!
If you wish to apply by mail please send your resume/cover letter to:
Meers – Internships
Kansas City, MO 64108
Please specify which discipline you are applying for in your cover letter and/or submission. And if you are applying for an internship in our creative department please make sure to email the URL to your portfolio site or send work samples along with your resume and cover letter.
Resumes and cover letters must be received by the applicable deadline for each session as shown below; finalists will be interviewed as resumes are received. Internships will be filled on a rolling basis, so submitting as early as possible is beneficial.
Summer (May – August) March 30 – Filled
Fall (September – December) August 10
Spring (January – April) December 1
We're all about opportunity. See one here? We want to hear from you.